TITLE: Accounting Manager
The Accounting Manager is responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial area of the hotel by supplying management with guidance and training. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
· Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management
of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
· Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Wyndham's established guidelines. Investigate and critique
variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
· Monitor the capital planning process by assisting management with the calculation of return on capital improvements, gathering support and monitoring
the bid process, and ensuring proper upkeep of the property by evaluating scope of work and specifications.
· Ensure hotels' compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes.
Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
· Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels' financial objectives.
· Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliation's are reconciled on a timely basis.
· Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, master keys,
payroll, and employee records.
· Embrace a continuous growth environment by actively assisting in recruiting, reviewing, recommending and maintaining an inventory of Directors of
Financial Services, Assistant Directors of Financial Services, Assistant Directors of Financial Services Trainees, Accounting Managers, and other
managers for the organization.
· Continually focus on training and development programs for the Accounting associates to cultivate the "brightest" and "best" talent within the industry.
· Ensure implementation and completion of all Accounting Key Competencies, both management and hourly.
· Hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
· Maintain compliance with Wyndham' standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
· Ensure the proper utilization, maintenance and periodic upgrades of all equipment.
· Directs or prepares all financial reports in accordance with Wyndham's requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines, i.e.,
Weekly: A/R & A/P Aging Flash Reports Payroll Reports Revenue Updates
Monthly: Financial Statements Forecasting Key Statistics Report Cash Flow
Annual: Budgets 5-Year Plans 5-Year Capital Plans
· Conduct and/or attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote ma