Westin Wilmington Riverfront
Location: US - DE - Wilmington
Wilmington, DE, US 19801
Bill and collect all revenue owed to the hotel in an accurate, timely manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Sort and verify accuracy of night audit work (primarily receivables aspect), i.e. reconciliation of banquet check extensions, coding of banquets at cost, review and route sales and promotion checks with back-up. Record department administration phone calls and inform Controller of any potential concern.
- Post city ledger payments in property management system, reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts. Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller of any potential uncollectible accounts.
- Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform Controller of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards (AMEX, DINERS, etc.). Maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards.
- Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit policy.
- Assist in reconciling open account status items.
- Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
- File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings. Process and follow-up on all returned check Ledger reconciliations
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appears and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to compile facts and figures. Ability to operate personal computer and calculator.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associates.