Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Accounting Clerk receives, verifies and accurately records payments in accordance with accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Verify accuracy of Night Audit work i.e. reconciliation of banquet check extensions, coding of banquets at cost, review and route sales and promotion checks with back-up.
- Post ledger payments, reconcile and bill accounts. Perform follow-up billing, collection documentation and inform management of potential uncollectible accounts.
- Reconcile credit card back up and inform management of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards (AMEX, MC, VISA etc.).
- Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment. Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliation.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONSThe Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education or equivalent experience. Accounting background and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.