Embassy Suites O'Hare-Rosemont, IL
Location: US - IL - Rosemont
The position is responsible for the completion of the daily income audit, accounts receivable functions and bi-weekly payroll.
File and maintain payroll records to include, reports generated from timekeeping systems, personnel documents, and all payroll registers and reports.
Operate, input and retrieve information in automated timekeeping system.
Review daily payroll reports and resolve errors and inaccuracies.
Prepare and regularly update vacation accrual and other payroll related reports.
Process payroll per established payroll schedule and produce special payroll runs as assigned.
Process payroll by entering all necessary information required for the accurate production of the payroll such as hours worked, overtime calculations, payroll deductions, addition of new hires, employee transfers, terminations, rate changes, benefit payments, etc.. Process payroll changes, additions, deletions and benefit payments only after receiving the approved and official documentation verifying the change.
Verify each and every payroll for accuracy and correct payroll errors per established accounting policy.
Review credit applications, conduct credit checks and approve/disapprove direct billing. Maintain hotel policies and procedures regarding the extension of credit to guests.
Input receivable information into computer, and generate and send out guest billings.
Monitor in-house credit limits on daily basis and notify front desk about those accounts exceeding permissible limits.
Process credit card charges and send to respective companies for payment.
Prepare and regularly monitor aging. Inform controller of any problem accounts.
Perform collection duties on unpaid accounts.
Maintain comprehensive filing system for all accounts receivable related documents.
Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Solid understanding of Accounting principles and the hospitality industry.
- Firm grasp of income audit, accounts receivable.
- Detail orientated and possesses analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Flexible schedule
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations and maintain composure and objectivity.
- Finger and hand dexterity to manipulate switches and buttons, a computer keyboard and a 10-keycalculator.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Must be able to create and understand intergraded excel worksheets.
- Experience with OnQ, Timesaver, ADP, Micros, preferred.
- Excellent verbal skills. Ability to read, write and speak English language to communicate effectively.
Education: A combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from college, or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, also is acceptable.
Experience: Previous hospitality or related systems experience preferred.