As an Accounting AP/AR Clerk, you will fill a support role in your hotel’s financial goals through overseeing the smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information and processing of accounts payable and receivable. The primary responsibilities for this position will be focused on routine operational tasks and reports to the Controller.The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of one or more years of progressive experience in accounting field, preferably in hotel accounting, cashier/bank teller or College Degree and one year of accounting experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to oversee the duties of General Cashier, with responsibility for the daily reconciliation of Rooms, Food, Beverage, and House deposits.
- Prepares daily bank deposits.
- Provides all daily change requirements; disperses cash from house fund safe and petty cash funds; accounts for all disbursements from funds; performs daily house bank count.
- Issues banks to cashiers and maintains a documented inventory of all banks; collects and counts all cashier’s envelopes daily.
- Researches cashier variances; conducts periodic audits of cashier banks.
- Transfers details from separate journals to general ledgers and/or data processing sheets.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Prepares reports such as the Petty Cash Report, Over and Short Report (on all cashiers) and General Cashier Report.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or managementBenefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions