Accounting and Human Resources Generalist
Thompson Hotels Toronto
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
Toronto, ON, CA M5V 2V4
Two Roads Hospitality is seeking an Accounting and Human Resources Generalist to join our team at Thompson Toronto Hotel. The Accounting and Human Resources Generalist is responsible for ensuring every guest and receives personalized experiences that exceed their expectations!
Are you a diligent, creative and detail-oriented professional that takes pride in delivering memorable and transformative experiences for others? Do enjoy leading others and celebrating team successes over individual? Then keep reading!
Take a look at what we've created so far:
We are an international hotel management company with a leading portfolio of transformative, boldly innovative boutique hotel and resort brands. We create the kind of distinct experiences that can transform your day, your trip, or even your life.
Thompson Hotels--urban and sophisticated beachfront properties that appeal to the modern nomad.
Joie de Vivre--our hip collection of hotels that focus on the quirky and the local.
Tommie--a design-centric, value-conscious line of hotels in gateway cities Internationally.
Alila - is the combination of design luxury in unique international locations offering an unprecedented level of private space, personalized hospitality and destination experiences.
Destination Hotels ---delivers local authenticity of experience versus a sea of sameness.
At Two Roads Hospitality, we are passionate about our culture and proud to hire high performing individuals that are aligned with our purpose -- Creating Transformative Experiences that Inspire the Human Spirit. This position will work under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Finance and Director of People Services. To succeed in this role you are an individual who:
- Handles all guest inquiries related to billing and charges.
- Investigates credit card charge backs and responds within allowed time frame.
- Responsibility for daily cashiering including preparation on deposits and team member due backs.
- Processes direct billing application by checking references and gaining credit approval.
- Responsibility over all house banks issued in the hotel, including the general cashier main float.
- Provides payroll back up support.
- Provides strong administrative support to strengthen hotel communication.
- Maintains accounting and employee files as to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with college and university placement offices.
- Responsible for full-cycle recruitment including posting jobs, screening candidates, scheduling and conducting interviews, conducting reference checks and sending employment contracts.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- University/College degree or diploma in a related discipline is an asset.
- Previous hospitality industry experience is an asset.
Thompson Toronto is an employer of equal opportunity and encourages diversity in the workplace. All applicants that qualify will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
If you require further assistance or accommodation in completing this application or any aspect of the application process, please feel free to contact People Services at the Thompson Toronto Hotel.