The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.
As an Accounting and Accounts Payable Clerk, you will fill a support role in your hotel’s financial goals through overseeing the smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information and will be focused the processing of accounting related information and will be focused on maintaining the hotel’s funds to ensure that funds are of adequate amount, kept safely, and are accounted for properly. The primary responsibilities for this position will be focused on routine operational tasks and reports to a Department Head or General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of one or more years of progressive experience in accounting field, preferably in hotel accounting, cashier/bank teller or College Degree and one year of accounting experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to oversee the duties of General Cashier, with responsibility for the daily reconciliation of Rooms, Food, Beverage, and House deposits.
- Prepares daily bank deposits.
- Process invoices for payment using accounts payable system.
- Work with vendors for information needed (W-9s, etc....)
- Provides all daily change requirements; disperses cash from house fund safe and petty cash funds; accounts for all disbursements from funds; performs daily house bank count.
- Issues banks to cashiers and maintains a documented inventory of all banks; collects and counts all cashier’s envelopes daily.
- Researches cashier variances; conducts periodic audits of cashier banks.
- Transfers details from separate journals to general ledgers and/or data processing sheets.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Prepares reports such as the Petty Cash Report, Over and Short Report (on all cashiers) and General Cashier Report.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
About Aimbridge Hospitality
Aimbridge Hospitality is one of the largest and most dynamic independent management companies in North America and the Caribbean. With an award winning portfolio of over 500 hotels and resorts with more than 70,000 guestrooms, our company operates across a full spectrum of property types in addition to independent luxury, boutique, and lifestyle hotels. Our highly resourced company offers an unrivaled track record of creating and maximizing asset value and holds an enviable position as an exclusive management company approved to operate all brands within the Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, Wyndham, and InterContinental systems as well as their respective newly launched soft brands.
Aimbridge Hospitality Culture
Aimbridge Hospitality is and will forever be a “high touch” organization. From the principals to the front line associates, the Aimbridge team is engaged in guest, partner (both investment and brand), and associate satisfaction. At Aimbridge Hospitality, we value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Having fun helps us keep perspective! If we’re happy, our guests will be happy. Our work place culture values family, work life balance and community.
Career Advancement at Aimbridge Hospitality
Aimbridge Hospitality values innovative ideas that ensure high productivity and rewards those willing to step forward and help us develop passionate team members that deliver outstanding guest service and top financial results. We want you to succeed and explore new positions in which allow you to progress your career.