About ClubCorpDallas-based ClubCorp was founded in 1957. ClubCorp owns or operates a portfolio of over 200 golf and country clubs, business clubs, sports clubs and alumni clubs in 26 states, the District of Columbia, China and Mexico.
In 1974, Mr. Arthur M. Wood, championed not only the development of the Sears Tower but also the establishment of the tower’s Metropolitan Club. Since that time, The Metropolitan Club has become known as the place to conduct business and meet Chicago’s “who’s who,” and has developed a reputation as Chicago’s finest business club. The Club provides our Members with the atmosphere, amenities and personalized service they seek. Located on the 66th and 67th floors of the Willis Tower, The Metropolitan Club of Chicago encourages professional and social networking through a variety of special events and Club Committees.
This Department Head position is responsible for identifying and enrolling new Members. The Membership Director nurtures relationships with existing Members so that they will invite their friends and colleagues to join (resulting in “Membership by Invitation”). In addition, they attend activities with Members and their guests in order to demonstrate “Pride in Belonging.”
The Membership Director ensures the enrollment process is complete and records Membership profile information. S/he is responsible for achieving the Club’s Membership sales goals.
In addition, s/he generates a definitive sales and marketing plan to achieve departmental revenue goals. The Membership Director is an advocate and ambassador of STAR Service and understanding the critical role that Membership and exceeding expectations play in regards to the success of the operation.
The Director of Membership is responsible for positive net Member growth in the Club. This position is a unique blend of direct sales, internal and external marketing, recruitment and relationship management. The position requires a proven track record of successful sales results in a hospitality related field.
- Consistent achievement of week sales goals for new Members through direct sales involving phone, in person tours, social media and e-mails.
- Develop and execute strategic quarterly actions plans to drive prospect pipeline
- Engage Member Committees for recruitment of new Members
- Partner with area businesses, professional organizations and alumni groups for Membership events
- Create strong relationships within the business, government and philanthropic community.
$80,000 compensation package plus additional bonus opportunities for overachievement
- Two years external sales experience or one year within ClubCorp.
- Proven track record of sales performance.
- High-energy, outgoing personality.
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Strong technical literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, employee partners and other community leaders.
- Creativity, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Applicant must exhibit a professional appearance.
- Applicant must possess a passion for providing high quality Member service and commitment to exceeding expectations.