The Food & Beverage Lead Associate shall oversee and direct reports and associates in the food & beverage outlets of the Dakota Dunes Golf Club, leading culinary, club-house, beverage carts and tournament catering operations while ensuring player / guest satisfaction to operational standards while maximizing revenue and business profitability.
- Manage, provide professional development and support to all F&B associates.
- Develop a passionate work ethic within associates, strategize, set direction and drive service excellence.
- Establish and maintain effective internal controls within the company standards, policies and procedures.
- Develop accurate, effective and measurable long and short range financial objectives for the club house and F&B operations.
- Maintain budgeted financial goals to ensure maximum profitability.
- Maintain a good knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Grow supplier partnerships within company mandated supply partnerships.
- Conduct performance reviews, hire, coach and counsel team members to drive effective team member engagement.
- Submit weekly and monthly reporting in a timely manner as per corporate standards and expectations.
- Lead sales promotions development, programming, and F&B marketing.
- Improve guest / player experience by developing and defining an effective service environment.
- Solicits, reviews and evaluates customer satisfaction in all club house outlets and within tournament catering events.
- Works with and implements mandated corporate purchasing standards, and procedures as well implements effective receiving standards and controls.
- Promotes positive guest and associate experiences.
- At least 3 years progressive experience within Food and Beverage and Culinary management in a golf club, hotel or related hospitality operation.
- Hospitality management / culinary diploma or degree from a recognized college or university
- Must have an extensive working knowledge of food, beverage and culinary operations.
- Have a good understanding of health & safety regulations, as well provincial and city licensing laws & regulations.
- Proven track record of leading / managing clubhouse and tournament catering operations.
- Ability to formulate a fiscal budget and be able to manage labor and departmental expenses.
- Experienced in developing new menus, concepts within corporate guidelines.
- Be able to set efficient pricing policies for the department within the local competitive set and in coordination of corporate guidelines.
- Awareness of current local, national and industry market trends.
- Work with the culinary department to create innovative, creative and dynamic menus for tournament and catering events to increase sales.
- Develop innovative ideas to increase average checks, covers, and overall food and beverage sales.
- Ability to lead, recruit, train, mentor and develop a strong food, beverage and culinary team.
- Develop associate base for progression and development through the clubhouse, on-course property and the company. This would include action and training plans.
- Work with human resources to execute training initiatives and plans while recording associate and management attainment.
- Assist the human resource department in discipline and performance management of associates and supervisors within the food and beverage department ensuring that all associates are focused, and following clubhouse directives.
- Participate in national and corporate initiatives and team building exercises.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and writing with all levels of associates, players and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be an effective at listening to understand, communicate and clarify any concerns raised by associates and guests
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize work place tasks to meet clubhouse and corporate deadlines.
- Comply with corporate standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
The position is seasonal management and pays $20.00 per hour starting on March 1st and concluding at the end of October.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Rob Hood, Corporate Food & Beverage Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org