About ClubCorpDallas-based ClubCorp was founded in 1957. ClubCorp owns or operates a portfolio of over 200 golf and country clubs, business clubs, sports clubs and alumni clubs in 26 states, the District of Columbia, China and Mexico.
This department head position is responsible for the selling, planning and coordinating of all aspects of private event and meeting functions held within the Club, including the anticipation of staffing levels necessary to service needs. The Private Events Director prepares a quarterly game plan and is responsible for achieving his/her budgeted sale plan. Internal/external events may include seminars, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, luncheons, high tea and golf tournament events (where applicable). Member events may also include holiday parties, special events and more.
The Private Events Director will fostering relationships with Members, individuals and corporations who book events so as to maintain a catalogue of repeat business while prospecting for new events. Additionally, s/he will promote the Club locally via bridal shows and other public events, which heighten awareness within the community. This position works closely with the Executive Chef when designing custom menus and the entire management team to communicate and prepare for upcoming events.
S/he is responsible for generating a definitive sales and marketing plan to achieve departmental revenue goals.
The Private Events Director is an advocate and ambassador of STAR Service and understanding the critical role that Membership and exceeding expectations play in regards to the success of the operation.
- Two years experience as a Catering/Private Events Director within fine dining or upscale private dining establishment
- Solid understanding of banquet revenue generation
- Proven track record of sales performance
- Knowledge of social etiquette
- Creative menu development skills
- High energy, outgoing personality
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong technical literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, employee partners and guests