What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
Smart luxury is at the core of everything Conrad Hotels & Resorts does. We offer our guests one-of-a-kind experiences, service that's intuitive and connections to people and places near or far. We're the destination of a new generation of global travelers for whom life, business, and pleasure seamlessly intersect. People who know that the greatest luxury is the luxury of being yourself.
If you understand what itﾒs like to juggle life, business, and pleasure and know how to bring a sense of luxury to that type of travel experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Conrad Hotels & Resorts. Because itﾒs with Conrad Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests the luxury of just being themselves.
What will I be doing?
As a Wok 1 Chef, you are responsible for managing all aspects of the wok station to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing and wok-cooking all specified menu items; works with a sense of urgency to meet time goals while adhering to recipe standards, and displays an attention to detail and food presentation
* Tastes products, follows menus, estimates food requirements, checks production and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
* Performs basic math and measurement calculations associated with recipes
* Operates kitchen equipment (i.e., buffalo chopper, fryers, cleavers, etc.); handles knives and wears a cut glove when doing so regardless of knife size
* Maintains quality control for all products, including monitoring freshness of product
* Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment
* To follow and enforce the hygiene and safety standard set by the Hotel and Food & Environmental Hygiene Department.
* Stocks, dates, rotates and checks temperature of product; receives, moves and lifts food and beverage products and supplies
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
A Wok 1 Chef serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
Catering experience in managerial capacity
Experience managing a kitchen and developing staff
Experience managing food costs
Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
Accountable and resilient
Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
Ability to work under pressure
Intermediate food hygiene qualification
Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
Previous kitchen experience in similar role
Passion for food
Knowledge of current food trends
Advance food hygiene qualification
High level of IT proficiency
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Conrad Hotels & Resorts --- where you'll enjoy the luxury of being yourself.
- A high-profile destination
- More than doubling the number of Conrad properties by 2014
- Conrad Hotels & Resorts celebrates 25 years of success in the hospitality industry.