SOUS CHEF-OWASSO, OK
Location: US - OK - Oklahoma City
Nov 24, 2016
Click here to Learn More about a Career with Morrison Community Living
Morrison Community Living, a member of Compass Group®, is the nation’s only company exclusively dedicated to providing food, nutrition & wellness, EVS and hospitality services to the senior living industry. Morrison has over 350 registered dietitians, 250 executive chefs, 400 hospitality associates and 7,000 professional food service team members. Actively committed to fostering ways to enjoy great-tasting, healthy food through socially responsible practices and superior customer service, the Atlanta-based company serves more than 450 senior living clients in 42 states, including some of the largest and most prominent senior living communities in the United States.
Sous Chef to work in a Retirement Community located in Owasso, OK.
As the Executive Sous Chef you will lead the culinary services team in the Dining Services Department. Through your experience and expertise, you will implement and support all food related programs at the location including the food production of resident meals, guest/employee retail operations (where applicable) and catering functions. Your duties also include menu development, inventory, ordering/purchasing, food cost controls, training, sanitation, and personnel management. The Executive Sous Chef’s day to day responsibilities ensures compliance with regulatory standards and work toward improving systems and processes. The Executive Sous Chef is also responsible for promoting the professional growth and development of their team. This position reports directly to the Director.
Perks: As a Morrison Management team member you will be eligible for comprehensive benefits, tuition reimbursement, a 401K Plan, and many other benefits.
* Culinary Arts Degree or BS Degree in Food Service or Hospitality Management OR three (5) years of culinary experience preferred
* Minimum of three (3) years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience preferred
* knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
* Fine dining restaurant, hotel or country club culinary experience is highly desirable
* Experience with high-touch customer service environments
* Creativity and plate presentation skills
* High volume, complex foodservice operations experience highly desirable
* Must be experienced with computers: to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
* ServSafe certification required
* Must be willing to participate in patient/resident satisfaction programs/activities
Apply to Morrison Community Living today!
Morrison Community Living is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
F&B - Food & Beverage