Sodexo is currently searching for a Senior Business Development Director for the Food Service and Facilities Management market segments in the Government Services market segment. The Senior Business Development Director will lead priority sales pursuits under the direction of the Vice President of Business Development. The Senior Business Development Director will be based in Washington D.C. Metro area, with business travel to existing and new client account locations anywhere in the U.S.
The selected candidate will have experience selling to the Federal Government.
- Works closely with the VP/BD, business development, operations and functional support teams.
- Interfaces with client representatives to obtain enhanced situational awareness, including an in-depth understanding of objectives, requirements, challenges and opportunities.
- Directs and manages sales processes as assigned and ensures that teams are adequately resourced and organized during each phase.
- Develops and implements winning strategies, including team structures, delivery solutions, competitive analysis, and pricing strategies.
- Responsible for the effective application and management of Sodexo sales processes throughout both the new business and business retention acquisition cycles.
- Directs and shapes proposal volume production, including technical, management and price.
- Initiates and manages interface with the VP/BD and other leaders to convey status, gain agreement and buy-in and effectively utilizes business segment resources.
- Experience selling in to the Federal Government
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience, with directly related experience in business development, sales and marketing.
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of business development in the food service and/or facilities management market segments.
- Documented record of sales success, preferably in the government services market space.
- Highly developed organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build teams, effectively collaborate and gain cooperation.
- Advanced Degree and formal training in business development processes.
- Business development experience in the Defense, Federal or Intelligence Community sectors.
- Familiarity with Sodexo’s core businesses, including food service and facilities management.
Develops and executes strategic client retention plans that result in the achievement of sales, market share, account retention or market growth targets. Recommends and influences key decision makers to pursue a course of action based on an in-depth analysis of the client's objectives, needs and challenges. Researches, develops proposals, prepares responses, and follows up with prospective clients.