Sodexo, a global leader in Quality of Life Services, seeks an experiencedScientific Services Managerto lead a team providing scientific lab services to a pharmaceutical client in suburban Philadelphia. This position oversees operations at two sites within the region.
The Scientific Services Manager has the overall responsibility for the success of technical laboratory services, lab support coordination, materials management, chemical stores and central media preparation. The Scientific Services Manager must ensure all employees adhere to Quality and Compliance (Q&C), Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) regulations as well as client and Sodexo policies and procedures. The Scientific Services Manager reports to the Director of Facilities Operations.
The Scientific Services Manager:
· Manage all aspects of Scientific Services, including Technical Lab Services, Lab Support Coordination, Materials Management, Chemical Stores, and Media Preparation
· Act as a back-up for oversight and administration for Laboratory Services
· Assure all applicable employees have been trained on applicable procedures as well as safety and all client/Sodexo required training.
· Responsible for payroll oversight and human resource issues
· Assist in compliance related activities including: audits, training records, good documentation practices, SOPs, Forms and Work Instructions at a single site of operations.
· Develop and revise existing standards governing the scientific services operations as driven by needs to support the operation.
· Work with local Compliance team to ensure migration of changes and enhancements of processes and procedures.
· Conduct activities in a professional manner appropriate for a laboratory environment.
· Review employee attendanceon a monthly basis with site Lead(s)and address attendance issues.
· Perform periodic and annual review of employees
· Oversee work orders and follow up on repairs and maintenance issues as needed.
· Act as a liaison between customers and Sodexo services, applying problem solving and investigational tactics, as needed.
· Provide technical assistance to staff for lab related issues.
· Monitor productivity and ensure metrics are being met, which include delivery, quality and customer communications.
· Liaise with third party contractors who perform activities managed by Sodexo as needed
· Act as primary point of contact for client in regards to above mentioned Scientific Services.Follow company, departmental and local safety policies and procedures.
· Propose and implement improvements and innovations to the Scientific Services processes.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience and skill in:
- Ability to supervise and train others.
- Knowledge of GxP regulations and policies.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Problem solving ability and ability to meet needs of customers in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Oral and written proficiency in the prevailing language of the site of employment that permits clear oral and written communication in laboratory notebooks, forms and log books.
- Understands the current regulatory requirements for own discipline.
- Demonstrates understanding of impact on tasks being performed by Scientists and their work.
- Possesses customer service skills
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS in a scientific discipline preferred.
- Three or more years of laboratory experience
- At least one year experience in managing others in a lab environment. #LI
Supervises hourly staff providing facilities maintenance and engineering services to client. Responsible for work force planning, QA training, and administrative functions of the designated area of supervision. Typically reports to GM or Ops Manager.