SALES MANAGER - Bonus Eligible
Location: US - MA - Wellesley
Nov 16, 2016
Location: Babson Executive Conference Center, Wellesley, MA
A Fresh Approach to Great Results.
At FLIK / Babson Executive Conference Center, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people.
A FLIK / Babson Executive Conference Center Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK / Babson Executive Conference Center's steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK / Babson Executive Conference Center trademarks – only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK / Babson Executive Conference Center associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring – today and every day.
Babson Executive Conference Center is located on Babson College’s campus in Wellesley, Massachusetts, 20 minutes from Boston and Logan International Airport.
* Represents the Babson Executive Conference Center by soliciting, responding to and negotiating with persons requiring group accommodations (generally over 10 guest rooms) with or without meeting space and/or onsite catering, based on market segment and account files assigned by the Director of Sales.
* Represents property in significant interactions dealing with customers relative to sales and operational questions, concerns and issues.
* Negotiates contracts with customers and commission agreements with third party agencies.
* Initiates the preparation of proposals and/or contracts to advise prospective customers primarily of the guest rooms, meeting space and/or banquet date, space and rate availability. Develop and quote prices for the same.
* Engage in outside sales activities to discuss business opportunities and entertain customers in local and assigned markets (percentage of travel dependent on specific market)
* Direct site visits and H.O.S.T. programs for respective accounts and participates in tradeshows, industry and customer events.
* Attend weekly sales departmental meeting and other scheduled meetings to support business operations, e.g. tentative review, lost business review, group-pick up, etc.
* Conduct site inspections with potential customers, visiting guest rooms, meeting space and dining/banquet facilities, as well as other property facilities.
* Minimum of four years of college level courses with an emphasis on business. Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, Marketing or Communications preferred.
* Minimum 2 years of conference center or hotel sales experience
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
* Must have great attention to detail
* Strong communication skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products
* Must be able to multi-task and be flexible to change
* Must exhibit client orientated business practices
* Ability to grow catering business
Bonus Eligible Position
Apply to Flik / Babson Executive Conference Center today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Learn More about Babson Executive Conference Center: www.babsonecc.com
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
F&B - Food & Beverage