Location: US - NY - New York
Nov 21, 2016
A Fresh Approach to Great Results.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people.
Location: New York, NY
A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK’s steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks – only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring – today and every day.
* Properly greeting and handling visitors with a smile and maintaining eye contact through the entire interaction. Following established procedures with regard to both expected and unexpected arrivals, coordinating with in-house security as appropriate. Addressing guests and clients by name whenever possible.
* Answering telephones in a friendly, professional manner, taking messages with accuracy and appropriately handling or referring questions and requests. Proper telephone techniques include always putting a smile in one’s voice and enhancing personalization by using names.
* Handling on-floor conference room activities, both visually and by means of the reservations system, being aware of meeting start / end times, attendees in the room, food and beverage orders, etc. Advising the appropriate staff members of changes in meeting room status, special requests, etc.
* If situated in a Lobby arrival area, implementing established security policies and procedures with regard to arriving and departing visitors, contractors, delivery persons, etc.
* Acting as an overall Hospitality Services resource to guests, visitors, and employees in providing way-finding and amenities within building, commutation and transportation, community retail, neighborhood amenities, and organizational information.
* Assisting guests with light photocopying, printing, facsimile and sending/receiving courier packages.
* Handling car service requests for visitors and staff members.
* Communicating requests to the appropriate internal support departments such as, building maintenance (heating and cooling issues), information technology (computer issues), Audio Visual technology (meeting room technical support), and mail room (package pickups and deliveries).
* Having a thorough understanding of the Firm’s emergency procedures and being prepared to carry out designated tasks in the event of a fire or other emergency.
* Adhering to Hospitality signature look.
* Maintaining the attractive, neat appearance of the Reception area, where applicable keeping newspapers and periodicals in order, coffee service replenished, etc.
* Troubleshooting a wide variety of requests and situations, both for guests and for members of the Firm.
* Gaining an understanding of the company culture, key areas of activity and creating “transparency” by serving as an extension of the Firm.
* A genuine sense of hospitality, with a commitment to delivering the Platinum Service® Standard in all aspects of the Receptionist’s job.
* The ability to work under pressure, prioritizing tasks and juggling many jobs simultaneously, while constantly interacting with visitors in a public environment.
* Excellent listening and oral communication skills.
* Basic computer skills and knowledge of office technology / equipment.
* Punctual, dependable and dedicated to achieving operational excellence, down to the smallest of details.
* Discreet, ethical and committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
* A consistently professional approach, with a mindset to take ownership and responsibility within and outside one’s job domain.
* A high school graduate, with some college preferred. Two to three years experience in a client service / reception position within a hospitality or corporate environment.
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.