What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
As a Pastry Chef, you are responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Pastry Chef will also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist running the pastry section of the kitchen
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings
- Bring creativity to the pastry offerings
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation
- Plan production to facilitate daily requirements
- Develop appropriate seasonal menu offerings
- Manage food cost controls to contribute to Food and Beverage revenue
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety regulations
Pastry Chefs serving Hilton Worldwide brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A minimum of 2 years as a Pastry Chef de Partie or Pastry Chef Experience with high volume food production
- Approaches pastry in a creative way
- Strong supervisory skills
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Dedicated to the delivery of exceptional service and continuous improvement
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Relevant qualifications for role
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook