- Manage assigned operational areas within the scope of our client service level agreement
- Provide shipping/receiving, mail, distribution, and warehousing to customer in a timely and effective manner, as per Service Level Agreement (SLAs).
- Direct subordinates on daily activities while controlling more complex tasks
- Provide cost effective service to the client
- Compile all reports and statistical data to Sodexo management and client
- Participate in the recruiting, hiring, and training of new employees
- Instruction and operation of material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
- Expertise of shipping & receiving operations including HazMat (DOT and IATA), international shipments, and import/export regulations
- Create and enforce written policies & procedures in accordance with regulatory authorities
- Maintaining a safe & secure work environment and protect confidential & proprietary information
- Classify and assign Shipper requests and serve as the DG records keeper for client
- Liaise with Client Corporate Legal, Compliance, customs brokers, and all internal customers
- Provide oversight, direction, and subject matter expertise for all US Shipping operations managed by Sodexo at client sites
- Responsible for all Regulatory compliance at all US sites, communication, training, and Communities of Practice in the Regulated and Cross Border shipping function
- Participate with Global Regulated and Cross Border shipping team to provide expertise and report on issues, risks, and concerns as well as raising and actioning these items on behalf of the US team
- Actively participate and contribute on local and regional broaders scope Leadership Team
Number two position at an account/unit providing two or more core services (facilities/engineering, food or custodial). Assumes GM's responsibilities and authority in his/her absence. Supervises managers in multiple service areas. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations.