Sodexo is looking for a Manager of Construction to support Sentara Northern Virgina Medical Center, located in Woodbridge, VA.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Support and Professional Services, the Manager of Construction (MC) is responsible for project management, strategic planning for all Hospital facility-related projects, as well as delivery of construction projects such as corporate facilities, physician offices, ambulatory surgical centers and laboratories. The Manager of Construction will be responsible to lead all construction of large and small scale infrastructure programs within the Medical Center System. The Manager Construction reports into the Facilities Management Director (FMD) while supporting hospital senior leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees all aspects of construction in a healthcare setting including progress, timing, costs and third-party contractors.
- Coordinate with the Vice President of Support Services the selection and supervision of architects, engineers, planning and design consultants, contractors, project managers, construction managers, inspectors, and/or other applicable professionals when required.
- Responsible for quality control deliverables, supervises construction progress, ensures quality standards and completion dates.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety and medical regulations at each location.
- Works directly with Hospital Senior Leadership to develop and implement plans for the Medical Center facilities vision and growth.
- Develop and manage facilities budgets for all projects.
- Monitors and maintains the quality of the execution projects by performing in-process and final quality checks for a healthcare setting.
- Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with Joint Commission, Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness inspections, preparation and document requirements.
- Ensures that the Medical Center is in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations. Assists in gathering information and assembling files for State Health Inspections.
Number two position at the account with responsibility for all operations. Assumes GM's responsibilities and authority in his/her absence. Supervises managers. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations.