Sodexo at The University at Albany, is seeking a Food Service Manager 2 who will assist and support the operation at one of five Resident Dining Halls on campus.
This position reports to the Quad Food Director and will assist in providing the overall direction of residential dining services for a large volume dining hall with multiple dining platforms/stations. This manager will have daily oversight for several supervisors and will direct all front of the house food service operations for this location.
The Food Service Manager will work a swing shift (between 12pm-10pm)and will work one weekend day. Enjoy having your summers off? This manager will work a 10-month schedule!
The best qualified candidate will have the following:
- High-volume, College/University food service management experience
- Experience training and leading service personnel (union experience is a plus)
- Experience with food and labor management systems
- Experience managing food services in a contract dining environment
- Basic culinary/kitchen knowledge
- Experience with food and physical safety programs
Responsible for managing multi-functional food service areas in a single unit. May assume General Manager's (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence. Assists in maintenance of cash control and payroll records. Assists in supporting the financial/Human Resources (HR) functions. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations.