At Sodexo we believe that Quality of Daily Life contributes to the progress of individuals and the performance of organizations. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers comprehensive service solutions through On-site Service Solutions and Motivation Solutions to create an outstanding experience for the people we serve.
Sodexo is currently seeking an experienced General Manager/Executive Chef Manager in food services to join our team at St. Mary's Good Samaritan Hospital, an award winning 25 bed Critical Care Hospital in the beautiful Oconee / Reynolds Plantation area in Greensboro, GA. In this highly visible role, you will direct and participate in all of the daily food operations for patient feeding using Chef's Select patient program, Catering and high end cafeteria / restaurant with 45 seating indoor and outdoor seating area as well. Responsibilities will include: overseeing overall food and service operations, working with unit financials, some HR functions, direct customer interaction, management of a Sodexo Production Manager (Sous Chef) and up to 15 non-union hourly associates. This position will be responsible to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction through exceptional food and service.
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
- Manages all food contract operations including patient feeding, cafeteria/retail and catering services.
- Integrates fully within our client's organization becoming a trusted adviser and member of the accounts leadership team.
- Works to achieve company and client financial targets and goals.
- Works to achieve high quality resident and client satisfaction scores.
- Responsible for all Sodexo and client required reporting.
- Responsible for collaborating with the client on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Must meet (or exceed) Sodexo standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages team.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years lead food service management / Chef experience, computer literacy, a strong working knowledge of food safety and sanitation guidelines, the ability to manage multiple priorities, as well as excellent communication, leadership and customer service skills. Prior experience in a health-care, country club or hotel environment with the ability to stay current with the latest culinary trends is preferred. Click here to learn more about Sodexo Health Care
Senior-most person assigned to a one client account. Supervises cooks and oversees the preparation, portioning, garnishing, and storage of food. Estimates food consumption and purchases food. May assist in cooking and preparing food as necessary. Responsible for maintaining kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition. Responsible for cash management. Interacts with client/customers on a regular basis. Hires and trains unit personnel. This is a single incumbent position for a small account where there is no Chef. Reports to District Manager.