Location: US - CA - Los Angeles
Nov 16, 2016
Legendary Wolfgang Puck brand is seeking a results-driven leader with a passion for hospitality at a premier flagship location.
Founded in 1998 by renowned Chef Wolfgang Puck and CEO Carl Schuster, Wolfgang Puck Catering continues to set the standard for culinary excellence, bringing our team’s legendary combination of innovative cuisine and refined service to the worlds’ most renowned and demanding corporate, cultural and entertainment settings. Delivering a restaurant-quality experience in a special event setting, Wolfgang’s experienced team caters intimate weddings, convention galas, family occasions, and such noteworthy events as the Academy Awards® Governors Ball. We offer a unique combination of restaurant, catering and special event expertise to our guests. Working for Wolfgang Puck Catering will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like yourself! You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
We currently seek a reputable General Manager to manage and operate one of our premiere Los Angeles locations, where the luxury of old Hollywood and modern convenience converge in one remarkable setting.
An exciting Leadership Opportunity, reporting to the VP Operations, the General Manager is a high-profile position that requires creative business savviness and a keen understanding of Hospitality Management. The Successful candidate will have managed sales and service for catered events; and will be responsible for integration of performance of Best Practices in Standard Operating Procedures ensuring the Company’s Hospitality Philosophy is executed within the established objectives, standards, policies and procedures & principles; safeguarding the delivery of the highest quality service standards as aligned to WPC Company Branding and Philosophy for measured success. This Progressive Leader will have demonstrated ability to lead & motivate very large staffs/teams of full time and on-call associates, and can successfully balance multi-operational needs to provide overall direction and guidance with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability while meeting high client expectations.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
In addition, the General Manager will lead business to achieve high performance as measured by the Business scorecard.
Including but not limited to:
* Client Retention and Relationship Building
* Banquet and catering operations management
* Overall catering food and beverage leadership
* Financial Performance and Requirements
* Regulatory Compliance & Purchasing Requirements
* People & Communication Objectives
* Retail and Marketing Programs
Leads Strategically, Collaborates, Customer Focused, Delivers Results, Develops talent, Communicates, Promotes an Ethical Culture and Fosters purposeful dialog.
* Leads all areas of Food, Beverage, Service and People; Is the key leader in high level problem resolution internally and with clients and customers
* Spearheads the strategic planning & meetings to develop and execute on Key objectives of the business.
* Attends all functions , to ensure quality and standards are being met
* Manages multiple business goals and priorities in the best interest of the organization as measured by client satisfaction and client retention.
* Maintain excellent relationships with employees, guests and client as well as other departments within the operation.
* Effectively conduct and utilize customer food preference surveys.
* Attend appropriate foodservice committee meetings.
* Attend key client meetings and functions to maintain visibility.
* Participates actively in the sales process; conducts client negotiations and coordinates documentation of contract changes.
* Projects and practices consistent ownership attributes which provide a high level of customer service at all points of contact.
* Ensures facility maintenance is monitored. Continually communicates with landlord about facility issues, upgrades, changes and requests
* Best Practices, Process & Quality: Oversees the SOP, KPI & MAP activities and Centers for Excellence that ensure BEST PRACTICES are being met at unit level by all employees to meet and exceed business objectives; evaluates and analyzes current work methods and recommends ways to eliminate inefficiencies, Participates in the activities that support and drive unit sales and marketing initiatives;
People & Communication Objectives
Will have demonstrated experience in leading a positive work environment that values its employees, their training and professional development that promotes an environment of teamwork & fosters a high-performance work & service culture.
* Coaching and developing associates: Establishes clear responsibilities and expectations for associates; guides Operations Managers how to monitors to ensure a high degree of productivity, service and quality that ensures associates meets these standards;
* Ensures consistent and equitable administration of personnel policies, procedures and guidelines to facilitate effective employee relations, talent management development and retention as it related to PEOPLE MAP, attract, development, engage, retain and perform.
* Prepares and conducts performance appraisals; reviews and approves performance appraisals completed by direct reports.
* Recruits and trains direct report positions. Identifies training requirements. Develops and coaches management associates to meet staffing needs and talent management program as well as to ensure optimum utilization of employees in assigned facilities.
Finance/Regulatory Compliance & Purchasing Requirements
Ensures the financial performance meets company and client forecasts; optimizes financial performance and operational productivity.
* Conduct safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs.
* Manage in compliance with Wolfgang Puck Catering established policies and procedures
* Manage in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations
* Maintain food cost while ensuring quality standards
* Analyzing and trending financial data
* Manage purchasing and inventory controls
* Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
* Delivers the corporate message and priorities to both direct reports and clients.
* Performs operational audits of units and designs improvements to optimize financial performance, operational productivity and to ensure conformance with government and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes regarding food storage, preparation, sanitation and record keeping.
* Monitors and ensures development of accurate budget and forecasts for the region.
Drives results: identifies areas of improvement for key metrics including productivity, quality; ensures that efficiencies are maximized; drives process/continuous improvement initiatives
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience
* 8-10 years progressive Multi-unit hospitality management experience in upscale, high volume food service operations
* P&L and financial reporting experience/ Financial acumen for all areas including financial reporting with sales reports P&L reports, writing and adhering to annual budgets and cash handling
* Progressive Strong leadership, coaching and training skills
* Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office and POS
* Demonstrated Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Exceptional business etiquette and client relations
* Strong catering experience required
* ServSafe or Department of Healt
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
F&B - Food & Beverage