Are You A Charismatic Leader Who Drives Customer Satisfaction Through Employee Engagement?
Sodexo currently has a job opportunity for a General Manager/Director of Food Servicesto join our Senior Living team atLake Parkin Oakland, California. The General Manager/Director of Food Serviceswill report directly to the District Manager, and will be responsible for day to day oversight of all operations for the Senior Living food service at this outstanding account.
Lake Park is continuing care retirement community with a population of independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing residence located in Oakland, California with views of both Lake Merritt and the East Bay Hills.
General Manager Responsibilities include:
- Oversees all day to day food and nutrition services operations for this Senior Living account.
- Manages over 25 employees and over $2 Million in Managed Volume on an annual basis.
- Responsible for driving resident satisfaction through strong employee engagement.
- Oversight of the production of all resident meals and catering to support this continuing care retirement community which includes independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing.
- Steps in as necessary to cover food service operations – 30% of this position may be hands on in areas of production, cooking, etc.
- Integrate fully within our client's organization becoming a trusted advisor with a customer service focus. This position is considered a director level role for this client.
- Works to achieve company and client financial targets and goals for multiple budget areas.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Meets (or exceeding) Sodexo standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages team.
If you have the following qualification, we want to hear from you!
- Work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and preferably knowledge and experience in a senior living environment.
- Previous leadership experience in a customer service and quality driven environment.
- Ability to lead, develop and engage a large number of employees.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment while fostering strong client and customer relationships.
- Excellent computer skills and report management experience.
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to demonstrate detailed operational analysis and manage budgets.
- Exceptional human resource and leadership management skillset.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for a high level customer service.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Able to manage and execute multiple priorities, and manage multiple long-standing projects.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in compliance to food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
- Preferred that candidates for this General Manager position should be Certified Dietary Managers or have a nutrition background.
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team!
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Take a sneak peak at how SODEXO can contribute to your well-being by visiting ourBenefits Center!Position Summary
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.