Join Our Ambassadors of FreshDynamic, friendly people? Check! Team-oriented environment? Check! Opportunities for advancement? Double check!! Start a fresh new career with Spectra Food Service & Hospitality and the sky's the limit! We'll provide excellent training to help you learn new skills and the finer points of food service as you become a hospitality professional.
- Convention Centers
- Major and Minor League Sports Venues
- Race Tracks
- Exposition Centers
Are you that dynamic professional, who sees the big picture, yet you also excel in managing all the details? If so, this is your opportunity! We are Spectra Food Services & Hospitality, a nationally ranked food service company servicing various entertainment facilities throughout the United States and Canada. We are seeking an experienced General Manager at the HoChunk Casino in Baraboo, WI! Qualified candidates will have prior GM experience in a tribal casino environment.
The General Manager is responsible for the efficient, professional and profitable operation of the assigned Spectra venue. This individual ultimately oversees every managerial, f/t and p/t position, and ensures full compliance with state and federal labor laws, sanitation and food-related ordinances, and alcohol service regulations. In addition to managing the day to day business operations, the General Manager solicits new sources of revenue, both on and off the venue property. This position reports to the Regional Vice President.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensure legal, efficient, professional and profitable operation of the assigned Spectra venue.
- Experience with F&B strategy as it relates to client strategy including marketing, menu development, and concept development.
- Generate and review financial reports, including budgets, projections, forecasting, revenue analysis, disbursements, capital investments, labor and product costs, wage and salary control, P&L financial statements.
- Final decision-maker on equipment purchases and leases.
- Conflict resolution; last-resort mediation; arbitration and labor negotiations, when applicable.
- Author, review and amend policies & procedures, as required.
- Author and amend contracts; authorize terms.
- Oversee scheduling and labor allocation.
- Analyze gaming projections and player reinvestment strategies in relation to anticipating staffing needs, target market demographics; determine and project productivity staffing models.
- Evaluate recent historical sales and purchasing data for the purpose of identifying purchasing patterns and accurate cost of goods.
- Oversight of accurate financial reporting, tracking of accountability, and commodity levels by location.
- Directs and assists managers in preparing and attaining future goals.
- Provides each manager with the proper direction and follows up on all assignments.
- Inspects the operation on a regular basis to ensure that the established quality standards are maintained.
- Prepares required reports accurately and submits them on time, follows up with department heads to ensure that their reporting is completed within the same guidelines.
- Develops an effective management team.
- Gives the managers clear direction, and provides the necessary assistance for them to provide them to perform their work.
- Evaluates each manager’s performance and makes recommendations for their improvement.
- Reviews and assists in the development of menus and marketing plans with the appropriate department heads.
- Establishes and maintains personal relationships with casino managers, suppliers, vendors and the public that projects the venue in a positive light.
- In coordination with the client, oversee the development of the properties F&B strategy in coordination with the client marketing plan including but not limited to concept development, menu development, implementation and execution
As our General Manager, you must have the education and operations experience necessary for this position.
Additional requirements include:
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping systems.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions and premium services locations: geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access.
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service Permit if required by state or local government.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to Spectra and venue concession and premium services operations.
- Ability to calculate basic and complex math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages).
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
Education and Experience
- MA or MS; BA or BS with business-related major; accounting minor or credits preferred.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in multi-unit restaurants, casinos and or resort hotels
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
Spectra Food Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/V/F/D encouraged to apply
No recruiter or staffing sales calls, applicant calls or walk-ins please