Full-Time Private Kitchen (Room Service) Cashier
The Langham, Boston
Location: US - MA - Boston
Boston, MA, US 02110
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for Daily Private Kitchen Operations including order taking, cashiering, and other guest inquiries. Deliver customer service to meet Hotel Standards and Procedures. Conduct up-selling to maximize hotel revenue.
- Customer Satisfaction. Ensure guests are meeting satisfaction goals.
- Assist all positions as needed.
- Perform ordering of daily VIP Amenities in a timely manner.
- Attend to all guest inquiries in a helpful and professional manner.
- Input all daily micros’ information and complete Private Kitchen revenue paperwork.
- Answer phone and take orders following Langham Hotel Standards.
- Be familiar with Hotel facilities and services including Restaurant upcoming events.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
- Input daily information into micros’.
- Human Resources
- Understanding of emergency procedures of Private Kitchen and Hotel.
- Attend assigned training sessions.
- Attend monthly Private Kitchen department meetings.
- Maintain the tidiness of the In Room Dining office and replenish stationary and any other collateral items.
- Basic clerical work.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Key Result Areas
- Maximize daily average Private Kitchen check through effective selling and up-selling.
- Guest satisfaction index on Private Kitchen.
- Staff satisfaction index on Private Kitchen.
- Complete set-up of tray and table that will be going to Hotel guest rooms.
- Needs to report to work on time and when scheduled. (Attendance and punctuality are of the up most importance.)
- Must be able to work days, nights, and overnights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by manager.
Education/experience/general requirements/ required physical, mental abilities
- Use written (verbal/visual) sources of information, e.g. read reports, procedural documentation, and reference materials.
- Use non-verbal/visual sources of information, e.g. reference graphs, tables.
- Use verbal auditory sources of information, e.g. interviews, group meetings.
- Use non-verbal auditory sources of information, e.g. alarms.
- Use oral communication to perform work, e.g. answer telephone, and receive visitors.
- Digital dexterity, e.g. using computer keyboard.
- Stand; Reach; Grasp; Lift/Carry up to 30lbs.; Walk; Kneel; Squat/Bend; Push/Pull
- Make minor decisions requiring limited judgment, e.g. task sequencing, filing, sorting mail
- Make general decisions in the absence of specific directions, e.g. prioritizing workload
- Perform activities requiring sustained concentration, e.g. designing, planning work