Emerson College - Sodexo Universities has an opportunity for a Chef Manager in the Boston Area, MA.
As Chef Manager, you will work closely with the Executive Chef and culinary staff which includes the Residential dining hall and high-end catering. As well as student committees on campus and must have knowledge of sustainable foods, including seasonal and local foods.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of sustainability, have experience menu planning and development to include cycle menus.
- Experience in specialized diets and allergy restrictions.
- Experience managing in a union environment.
- Strong culinary and BOH leadership – manage and mentor kitchen staff: Food Safety focus a must with Training in HACCP.
- Successful Catering experience essential to help grow new catering business and to elevate catering services for across campus.
This is an opportunity for individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment with a client with high expectations.
If you are a Leader with a passion for Student Nutrition and Wellness, be a part of our success! #LI
Emerson College is located in downtown Boston, Massachusetts, United States. Located in Boston's Washington Street Theatre District on the edge of the Boston Common, the school also maintains buildings in Los Angeles and the town of Well, The Netherlands.
Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of food production employees. Responsible for the purchasing and receiving of food and supplies, as well as monitoring the inventory. Maintains food production records/cost indicators. Plans and costs menus.