Stanford Health Care is a world renowned academic medical center situated in Palo, CA. The hospital has 600 beds, over 2000 nurses and 2000 medical staff. The mission of the hospital is to care, to educate and to innovate. Food Service is a shared service for both Stanford Hospital and the adjacent Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital which has 235 beds.
Sodexo manages food service, environmental services, and express services with and supports a strong culture of developing future leaders and promoting from within.
Sodexo currently has a career opportunity available for a Food Operations Managerto join our healthcare Food Service team at Stanford Health Care. This position will report directly to the Senior Area General Manager and will be responsible for managing the daily food production for patient dining, retail cafe operations and catering at this outstanding account.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Assists the Executive Chef in oversight and management of the day to day food production operations for the unit.
- Works in Sodexo systems to ensure compliance to Sodexo recipe standards, ordering standards and other production policies and procedures are being followed on a daily basis.
- Human resource duties including hiring, scheduling, payroll, performance management, and the on-going training of employees.
- Drives Sodexo food service programs at the unit.
- Implements quick operational and/or process changes to positively impact revenue, profitability and patient satisfaction.
- Interacts with Sodexo clients on a regular basis.
- Ensure high level customer satisfaction and high quality experience.
- Must meet (or exceed) Sodexo standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully trains, motivates and manages a team.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with HACCP, food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
- Takes on additional duties as assigned.
If this describes your background, we want to hear from you!
- Strong management level experience in a food service environment.
- Work history demonstrating kitchen production or culinary experience preferably in healthcare.
- Previous supervisory or management level experience.
- Experience in working in a union environment.
- Ability to lead, direct and train employees.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a fast paced healthcare environment.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing strong customer relationships and a passion for a high level of customer service.
- Excellent computer skills and report management experience.
- Strong attention to company policy, standards, and regulations.
- Knowledgeable in compliance to food safety (HACCP), sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Key characteristics for successful candidates include analytical thinking, communication, customer focus, drive and dependability, integrity, innovation, operational and people excellence (interpersonal relations), management philosophy, motivation, supports diversity in the workforce, stress tolerance and flexibility, vision.
Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence in complex multi-functional accounts. Has direct client contact on day-to-day issues. Develops and Implements plans under the direction of a GM 5 or higher. Manages through managers. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Responsible for financial/HR functions. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations.