Currently, Sodexo is seeking an experiencedFood Operations Manager 1 to oversee Retail Operations at our “Showcase” University account at Gonzaga, in Spokane, WA.Sodexo at Gonzaga has been in partnership with the university for over 50 years. This close connection is based on our alignment of mission, involvement in campus and pursuit of excellence in our programs and our teams. We are part of the educational mission of the university, strong leaders in sustainability and an important part in the development of wellness habits amongst the community. Reporting to the Operations Manager 2, this Operations Manager 1 will be responsible for very high volume Retail with National and Internal Sodexo Brands - 2 Food Retail Managers and over 160 employees - overseeing 13 Retail food venues at the State of the Art Hemmingson Center as well as overseeing marketing and assisting with Catering.
The successful individual must have
- a strong background in excellentoperational performance, (use of systems and finance/cost control) identifying efficiencies in Retail - - analytical and experienced in financials, maintaining food and labor costs.
- well developed client communication and relationship skills and employee engagement.
- 2 - 4 years experience in high volume Food Retail conceptsis a must and a strong understanding of retail operations, marketing as well as driving business through sales.
- Understanding of brand standards, franchise and national brands as well as Sodexo home brands.
- High touch and high visibility,being a part of the campus communityare also critical strengths for this Retail Operations Manager.
- Strong work ethic – team player and a profounddesire for ongoing growthin Food Service career with Sodexo - General Manager and beyond -to grow with Sodexo and the Pacific Northwest Campus region!
- willingness to go above and beyond is a must... varaible schedule to meet business needs is a must...
RELOCATIONAssistance is provided for this position.
WHY choose Sodexo and Gonzaga?
We are looking for a positive team player to be part of our overall campus team and are seeking a Strategicbusiness leaderto develop a team and create an excellent guest experience which will further our reputation as a leader in the northwest. We are currently undergoing growth and this new position will allow an individual tocreate dynamic career progression!
Sodexo at Gonzaga has been in partnership with the university for55 years. This close connection is based on our alignment of mission, involvement in campus and pursuit of excellence in our programs and our teams. We are part of the educational mission of the university, strong leaders in sustainability and an important part in the development of wellness habits amongst the community.
Gonzaga University, a private, four-year Faith Based Institution of higher education. More than 105 buildings dot the 131-acre campus overlooking the Spokane River.
We are minutes from downtown Spokane. Sodexo has a longtime partnership with Gonzaga. A Great Campus community and home of the NCAA Champion Zag Bulldogs teams! Check us out athttps://zagdining.sodexomyway.com/
A constant throughout the years is Gonzaga’s educational philosophy, based on the centuries-old Ignatian model of educating the whole person – mind, body and spirit. At Gonzaga, students discover how to integrate science and art, faith and reason, action and contemplation. "Cura personalis," or care for the individual, is our guiding theme.
Assumes General Manager's (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence in complex multi-functional accounts. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Responsible for financial/Human Resources (HR) functions. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers.