Food and Beverage Attendant/ Barista
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travellers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand's reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it's with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
In your new role you will be responsible for engaging our guests during their visit, and ensuring brand service standards are met to the highest quality. Reporting to the Outlet Manager, you will enjoy working as part of a team on a rotating roster, in a fast-paced environment. More specifically you will be carrying out the following duties and responsibilities;
* Provide a-la-carte and/or buffet style service in line with the Hilton Brand Service Standards
* Prepare barista style coffees
* Receive orders and serve customer requests completely in a timely manner
* Understand menu content, any menu changes, and promotional activities
* Keep your service area clean, tidy, and well-prepared
* Efficiently manage the proper settlement of all customer accounts
* Answer guest queries in a polite and helpful manner
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
F&B Waiters serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Friendly, positive, energetic disposition
- Barista experience
- Committed to delivering exceptional guest service
- Motivated to learn new skills and techniques
- Smart and tidy, in appearance
- Positive and willing to participate on a team and work with a winning attitude
- Flexible, reliable, and responsive to a range of work situations
- Prepared to manage a variety of customer types, inquiries, and complaints
- Previous food hygiene experience
- Electronic ordering systems experience
- Cash handling experience
It would be advantageous for you to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Experience in a similar position within a 5 star hotel or resort environment
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
Culture and benefits
Our team are responsible for living up to our brand promise of 'ensuring that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected' we achieve this by ensuring our Blue Energy culture is alive in each of our hotels. Blue Energy is the unspoken energy and passion behind each of our dedicated team members who are focused on making a difference. It links our vision 'To fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality' - to our values of 'Hospitality', 'Integrity', 'Leadership', 'Teamwork', 'Ownership' and 'Now'. As a Hilton team member you can expect to receive;
- A competitive industry wage and generous annual leave benefits
- Team member only discount - global Hilton room rates
- Membership with 'Hilton Rewards' New Zealand benefits program
- Discounts of up to 50% on products and services in participating Hilton outlets
- Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3500 learning programs
- Career development planning and opportunities