Executive Sous Chef
What will I be doing?
As Executive Sous Chef, you are responsible for contributing to menu creation and managing and training the kitchen brigade to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. An Executive Sous Chef will also be required to manage food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
* To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues.
* To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance.
* To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
* To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
* To ensure that the department's operational budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are strictly controlled in accordance with the approved budgets.
* To maintain a kitchen environment that promotes flair, creativity and consistency in the quality of food taste and presentation.
* To ensure that all Food Safety System polices and guidelines are followed and implemented.
* Closely monitor food requirements in the outlet ensuring all incoming food items are of correct quality, quantity and are received, handled and transported to outlets as per FSS requirements.
* To develop and build a solid and stable team environment and to coach and develop all subordinates.
* To identify market needs and trends in terms of food items for all outlets and convey these to all subordinates.
* To maintain a good relationship with Restaurant Manager in order to discuss and decide on the restaurant issues, various activities and menus.
* Ensure that all market lists are checked and reflect the restaurant level of business.
* To have regular guest contact and make sure guest profile data base is maintained. To meet as many guest as possible before, during and after every meal period
* To assess and monitor cleanliness on a daily basis, liaising with the Chief Steward and Chief Engineer to ensure all equipment remains clean and in good working order.
* To assist in general food production work where required.
* To supervise, guide and develop chefs of a lower grade ensuring the quality of food production remains at optimum levels.
* To plan the menus and monitor the food quality for all restaurants and / or food service areas in KL Hilton.
* To effectively manage the performance of employees, ensuring that policies and procedures are observed and adhered to consistently.
* To liaise closely with the Sous Chef and Team, ensuring food quality and preparation techniques are of the highest standard.
* To closely monitor and control the daily food merchandise, ensuring quality of goods received, taking corrective action where necessary.
* To compile menus and recipes and train staff accordingly.
* Food Safety: The implementation of the Food Safety System (FSS), to ensure that all policies and guide lines are implemented, trained, monitored and followed.
* Ensuring all Hotel policies and procedures are correctly observed and followed.
* To conduct regular communication meetings and training sessions to ensure that skills and knowledge remain at an optimum.
* Performing any additional tasks as delegated by management or guests to ensure our guests receive outstanding service.
* To follow, train and monitor Hiltons Fire & Safety procedures.
* To represent the Executive Chef and make decisions on his behalf in his absence.
* To carry on regularly food inspection and food testing
* To make sure that all kitchens are covered and run smoothly at all time.
* To check kitchen rosters and approve them
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
An Executive Sous Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong Junior Sous Chef or previous Sous Chef Experience
- Approaches food in a creative way
- Strong supervisory skills
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Excellent planning and organising skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Relevant qualifications for role
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!