Sodexo at Cooper University Hospital is looking for an Executive Chef 3.
Cooper University is a 600 bed trauma tacitly that is growing rapidly. The Executive Chef will be responsible for all food production, training, retail, patient and catering food quality. Strong emphasis on patient, customer and employee satisfaction. Knowledge of food production systems, food cost controls, merchandising and customer satisfaction is a required. The schedule is Monday through Friday 6-4with some weekends and holidays.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls within the restaurant.
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in the largest accounts or in an account requiring a highly skilled Executive Chef. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.