Sodexo is seeking an innovative experienced Executive Chef 2 to oversee the culinary operations for our State of the Art Research and Conference Center at Parkview Health. This hands-on position will support High Profile Special Event Caterings as well as a significant amount of community caterings. This position will frequently interact with key community leaders and Parkview Health Executive Administrators and Key Clients. In addition to stellar culinary skills and experience, our selected candidate will have a keen attention to detail, savvy systems orientation and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic and ever changing environment. This role will require a flexible, energetic, polished and experienced culinary leader with exceptional people, process and systems skills. The demonstrated ability to delegate / manage teams effectively, and demonstrated working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and The Market Connection (TMC) is a plus.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous success managing high volume food production and creating innovative menus in a high end setting while demonstrating best practices for increasing customer loyalty and experience.
- Restaurant, Food Service or Catering Experience of $2 - $5 Million in managed volume
- Innovative menu development for high end and high volume catering.
- Proven Culinary knowledge: purchasing, inventory, production schedules and Food/Beverage Cost controls as well as HACCP and safety standards.
- Ability to use Food Management systems for food and labor costs, and menu development and costing.
- Enjoy interacting with clients and being the face of the Sodexo Culinary Team onsite.
- Demonstrate culinary finesse sharing passion for food, cooking, sustainability with our coworkers and peers.
- Hands-on management approach, comfortable communication style and strong team building skills as the successful candidate will interact with clients both internal and external as well as other Sodexo managers and client hourly employees.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at the executive level
- Change management skill set and experiences
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.