Sodexo at Oasis Restaurant inside Cooper University Hospital is looking for an Executive Chef
Cooper University is a 600 bed trauma tacitly that is growing rapidly. Inside the main lobby of the facility sits the Oasis Restaurant that is there not only for visitors and staff, but high dignitaries as well. Currently functions for casual dining; as we are looking to raise the bar for a more upscale menu in the very near future. Candidate should know this is a very demanding account, and that we expect to hire a highly motivated individual who has a background withrestaurant experienceand can work a schedule ofMonday through Friday 10-8.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls within the restaurant.
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.