Sodexo currently has a job for anExecutive Chef 2to join our team at a high end, luxurious Senior Living community ,Judson Park,located in Des Moines, Washington,overlooking the Puget Sound. This position reports to the General Manager and will have oversight and responsibility for day to day culinary operations for resident dining and high end dining at this outstanding account. This Community offers four levels of care including: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Memory Care. This is an active Retirement community that demonstrates successful aging.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees food service production for residential dining, as well as high end catering production for this quality driven environment.
- Oversees food service operations including menu design, purchasing, labor control, waste control, and culinary training, safety and sanitation.
- Ensures effective and efficient process management.
- Responsible for menu development and design for the resident dining as well as for the bistro dining retail outlet.
- Manages the Food Management System (FMS) and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Provides daily training and coaching to the culinary team, and directly manages 20-25 employees.
- Accountable for positively impacting resident satisfaction with associated with food service.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as residents.
- Participates in special events at the community such as exhibition cooking, monthly upscale dinner/wine paring events, and high end catering.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance.
- Assists with food cost management and labor cost at the unit.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
If you have the following skillsets, then we would love to hear from you:
- Experience in a high end dining environment and a passion for culinary arts.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading and engaging a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- Menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem-solve and manage projects.
- Proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team!
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Take a sneak peak at how SODEXO can contribute to your well-being by visiting our Benefits Center!Position Summary
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.