Sodexo is currently seeking a talented and innovative Executive Chef 2 of Food Services to join our team Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Beverly Hills, California. This management level position will report directly to the General Manager and will have oversight and responsibility for day to day oversight of culinary operations for five retail food outlets as well as $3M in annual catering revenue at this outstanding account.
The retail outlets include:
- Ray Charles Café
- La Brea Bakery
- Plaza Café
- Artisan Café at the Pavilion
- Manages up to 50 employees and around $14M in annual retail sales at this Hospital.
- Responsible for menu development in all retail areas, as well as in catering.
- Oversees all aspects of the culinary function for the retail environment including purchasing, operations, waste control, and cost analysis.
- Manages the Food Management System (FMS) and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Provides training and coaching to the culinary team.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as collaborating and with the client and Sodexo management team on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance.
- Assists with food cost management at the unit.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
If you have the following skillsets, then we would love to hear from you
- A passion for culinary arts and experience working in a professional environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current wellness and culinary trends.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated experience supervising a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset, preferably in a union environment.
- Menu planning experience
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high volume, fast paced healthcare environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to successfully lead and develop a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem solve and manage projects .
- Proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
About Cedars Sinai Medical Center:
This Medical Center provides world-class medicine to patients with over 2,000 contributing physicians in every clinical specialty. Cedars Sinai is the largest academic medical center in the Western United States, training the next generation of physicians, researchers and allied health professionals with more than 350 residents and fellow participating in over 60 graduate medical education programs.
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Take a sneak peek at how SODEXO can contribute to your well-being by visiting our Benefits Center!Position Summary
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.