Sodexo is seeking a qualified high volume, experienced Executive Chef 2 to oversee the Food Service operations at Jamestown University – a dynamic student centric University in Jamestown, ND with a $2M Board Operation of 750 Boarding Students, as well as University and third party high end Catering. The Resident Dining consists of multiple platform dining options (pizza, salad, pasta, saute, classics, and 2 Action Stations) which offers continually changing cycle menus based on student interests in cuisine. Busy Catering business ranges from Student Dinners, Presidential banquets, and Community offsite catering.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- focus on teaching/training/mentoring Back of House staff in furthering their culinary skills, maintain Sodexo standards, HACCP and food safety.
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls, ordering and inventory, food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus using changing cycle menus based on student interests, tastes, including seasonal/healthful options.
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food; enjoy interacting with Students, Faculty and Client.
- have a passion for food and innovation; be creative in daily and Catering menu development;
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, 3 – 5 years overseeing High Volume production from large hotel, restaurant or higher education – familiar with systems and processes
- the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills - Client and Student engagement. Lead/mentor/train BOH staff.
Why Sodexo at Jamestown University?
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Executive Chef to grow with this new contract with strong client partnerships already established and long term contract in place. One of Jamestown’s finest attributes is its small-town atmosphere offering a family-friendly, safe community where everyone knows everyone else. Jamestown is a place adorned in charm. The city is nestled between two rivers, the James and the Pipestem, providing numerous outdoor recreational opportunities. For more info on Jamestown University and its community - visit www.uj.edu/community
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career at Jamestown University?Apply now!
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Seemore Culinary jobs here.Position Summary
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.