The Executive Chef will manage 2 retail venues, high volume catering as well as 12 direct employees. In this role you will have direct oversight of the culinary operations for a full-service account utilizing "At Your Request" (AYR) a room service program in the main hospital Responsibilities include: Menu Planning, inventory/purchasing, ensuring food safety and sanitation compliance, hands on food preparation, catering, training and leading the culinary team to outstanding results and supervision of 12 non-union hourly associates
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Manages and directs 12 employees at this unit.
- Oversees all aspects of the culinary function for the retail and patient food service including purchasing, operations, waste control, and cost analysis.
- Ensures effective and efficient process management.
- Manages the Food Management System (FMS) and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Provides training, coaching and leadership to the culinary team.
- Accountable for positively impacting patient satisfaction scores associated with food service.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as collaborating and with the client and Sodexo management team on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance.
- Assists with food cost management and labor cost at the unit.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
The successful candidate will have at least 1-2 years food management experience, computer literacy, a strong working knowledge of food safety and sanitation compliance as well as excellent leadership, communication and customer service skills. Prior food management experience in a health-care setting would be a plus for this role.
The ideal candidate will possess at least 2 years lead culinary experience with a focus on fresh and innovative culinary concepts, a strong working knowledge of food safety and sanitation compliance as well as excellent leadership, communication and customer service skillsPosition Summary
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.