Sodexo's Universities Segment currently has an opportunity for an Executive Chef 2 at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown (UPJ) located in Johnstown, PA. Princeton Review recently recognized UPJ as a “2015 Best College: Northeast”. With a student population of 2900, food operations include resident dining, catering and retail.
As Executive Chef, you will be recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. This role oversees two Chef Managers, Production Manager, Catering Manager and Retail Manager as well as 10 production staff and up to 30 employees in a union environment. The Executive Chef is responsible for planning and executing all Presidential catered events. Additional duties include overseeing food purchasing, monitoring production levels and inventory controls, implementing and training HACCP, interviewing and hiring new chefs, managing/controlling food and labor cost issues and offering solutions when needed.
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal Executive Chef candidate will possess:
- Experience in a culinary leadership capacity in a high volume, quality-focused operation, preferably within a campus environment.
- Experience in managing and developing successful teams.
- Proven track record of maintaining high standards with regard to sanitation, quality and guest satisfaction.
- Proven track record of leading and driving systems and processes within a high volume food environment.
- Be a food-focused, customer service professional with great communications skills and drive.
- Creativity with food; the ability to think out of the box to “wow” our clients and students with new recipes and catering offerings.
- Experience with international fare and vegan offerings.
- Culinary degree preferred.
To learn more about UPJ, please visit http://www.upj.pitt.edu/.
To learn more about Sodexo's Universities Segment, please visit http://www.sodexousa.com/usen/quality-life-services/on-site-services/education/Campus.aspx.
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.