Sodexo University Diningis seeking aResource Executive ChefinRochester, NY.A resource position is temporary in nature and can last for a period up to six months. Continued employment is contingent upon a successful track record while in the temporary position and a successful interview for a permanent position with the company. The Executive Chef will provide management-level culinary support to our university dining accounts within the Rochester area. Excellent opportunity for growth within this market.
The ideal candidate has:
- A strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- Previous Executive Chef-level culinary management experience within a contract dining setting;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- Previous culinary experience working in a high volume facility; and
- Strong management skills.
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.