Sodexo is seeking a talented Executive Chef 2 forNew Mexico Military Institute –referred to as the West Point of the West - located in beautiful Roswell, NM, an hour from Albuquerque, El Paso, Lubbock, Amarillo and Los Cruces.NMMI is a high school and two year college boarding school with a population of 1000 students -7 days a week operation serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. This Executive Chef will oversee all aspects of Production – for Resident Dining, Retail (grill and Starbucks) and Catering (from boxed lunches to very high end 5 course menus for VIPs/ Govt officials.)
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility
- strong management and computer skills.
- Strong customer service experience – will be very Hands On Chef – interacting with the students and faculty.
- Seeking Bilingual candidates - the ability to communicate in Spanish would assist in managing the workforce at this location.
Why Sodexo at NMMI? Are you ready to start your career with Sodexo? APPLY NOW!
- New Mexico Military Institute, located in Roswell, NM, is the nation's oldest State-supported, nationally accredited, coeducational college preparatory military boarding high school and junior college, offering 4-years of high school and 2 years of college.1,000 students who come from 43 states, the District of Columbia, and 13 foreign nations.
- Great outdoor living - Ski resort, Ski Apache, Ruidoso NM.
- Career Progression - unique unit - military
- There isRELOCATION ASSISTANCEfor this opportunity!
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
- How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
- At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Seemore Culinary jobs here
- Not the job for you? Share with your colleagues!
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.