Dallas Baptist University is a conservative Christian faith based university.
Sodexo Universities is seeking a creative and enthusiastic Executive Chef 2 for our food service operations at Dallas Baptist University in Dallas, TX. The college has a total enrollment of approximately 5,000, of which 1800 are on campus resident halls & townhomes.
The ideal candidate:
- has culinary production experience in Campus/University, Hotel, or Banquet setting;
- is committed to providing the highest level of culinary services;
- is a leader and focuses on team building, training, and mentoring of staff;
- focuses on food quality, presentation, creativity, safety, cleanliness, and facility maintenance;
- is technically competent in unit financial management with proven experience ordering, maintaining food and labor cost, and controlling inventory;
- takes responsibility for training and development of hourly culinary employees;
- possesses a strong understanding of food safety and HACCP standards and ability to drive employee accountability for sanitation standards;
- demonstrates culinary creativity and is experienced creating menu’s that incorporate promotions and interactive student presentations;
- is an organized professional with effective leadership, communication, time management, interpersonal skills.
- This position isn't for the inexperienced chef. Strong culinary background is required.
- Culinary degree required.
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE WITH POSITION! **Position Summary
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.