Sodexo Universities is seeking anExecutive Chef 2 for Ripon College located in Ripon, WI. Ripon College is a private liberal arts college with a student enrollment of approximately 800, the majority of whom live on campus. The dining program consists of a residential dining room and three retail locations as well as internal and external catering. *Relocation Assistance is Available!*
A sustainable campus, Ripon is home to the Ceresco Prairie Conservancy, consisting of 130 acres of native prairie, oak savanna and wetland habitat in the making. Campus sustainability initiatives includea fleet of hybrid vehicles, recycling program,campus garden, orchard, and other similar initiatives.
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal Executive Chef candidate will possess strong culinary leadership as well as a dynamic and energetic personality with the ability to communicate with the student body and clients alike.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
To learn more about Ripon College, please visit http://www.ripon.edu/.
To learn more about howSodexocan contribute to yourQuality of Life Click HerePosition Summary
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.