Are you a culinary artist who uses food as your medium?Sodexo Chefs are some of the most skilled and respected in the industry. Every day our 3,000 chefs and culinary professionals dish up millions of delicious, nutritious meals.
Currently, Sodexo has an exciting career opportunity for an experiencedExecutive Chef for a new University account for New Mexico Highland University in Las Vegas, New Mexico - 60 miles east of Santa Fe, NM area. With a growing population base, the school is poised for expansion in the next several years. This Executive Chef role requires hands on management and strong team building skills as the successful candidate will interact with students, staff, faculty, client, other Sodexo managers and hourly employees.
We are seeking innovative Executive Chef candidates with the following in theirculinary “toolkits”:
- A strongartistic culinary flair– can you impress the President of a university?
- Be afood-focused, with attention to taste, presentation, plating– flex culinary muscles!
- The abilityto inspirea kitchen staff – in this hands on role -can you help others become trend-setting, innovators?
- Previous experience in High volume dining in large corporate, campus or healthcare environments,experience in banquet catering.Want to make the jump into University Dining?
- Experience with food and labor management systems, on line ordering and inventory controls.
- Commitment to providingstellar customer service– even at “peak rush” times, attention to detail, ability to delegate.
- Flexibility and ability todeal with last minute changesin daily operations and catering, roll with the changes – find solutions.
The ideal candidate will have previous Sodexo culinary background in a university setting or large volume sectors of Healthcare, Sports and Leisure, or large corporate settings; will be responsible for managing 30 employees and have the ability to train cooks and other kitchen personnel on the latest culinary trends and HACCP regulations; have complete financial responsibility for the kitchen – including use of online Food Management Systems of menu/recipe planning, ordering and inventory.
For more information about Las Vegas, New Mexico - visit: https://www.newmexico.org/city/las-vegas/
There isRelocation Assistanceprovided for this position. This is a great opportunity for a food focused Executive Chef to join the Sodexo University Team! Do you have experience?APPLY TODAY!
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.