Are you a culinary artist who uses food as your medium?Sodexo Chefs are some of the most skilled and respected in the industry. Every day our 3,000 chefs and culinary professionals dish up millions of delicious, nutritious meals.
Sodexo is currently seeking an experiencedhigh volume Executive Chef 2for our Universities account atUniversity of Hawaii at Manoa located in Honolulu. UH at Manoa is the largest campus of the University of Hawaii system. Approximately 20,000 students attend UH Manoa campus of which 4000 live on campus. Manoa Dining Services (Sodexo) supports 10 locations on campus to feed students, faculty and staff. We have 8 retail locations plus 2 resident dining locations.
This position will be responsible for maintaining culinary standards in ourRetail and Catering operations. Retail operations include the Campus Center Food Court, Stir Fresh and Simply To Go Market in the center of Manoa campus. We also provide Catering service on campus and off campus including fine dining meal service to President, UH Foundation and donors along with quick grab and go items for students, faculty and staff.
We are seekinginnovative, very "Hands On" Executive Chefcandidates with the following in theirculinary “toolkits”:
- A strongartistic culinary flair– can you impress the President of a university?
- Be afood-focused, with attention to taste, presentation, plating– flex culinary muscles!
- The abilityto inspirea kitchen staff – in thishands on role-can you help others become trend-setting, innovators? Work along side your team?
- Previous experience in High volume dining in large corporate, campus or healthcare environments,experience in banquet catering.Want to make the jump into Campus Services?
- Experience with food and labor management systems, on line ordering and inventory controls.
- Commitment to providingstellar customer service– even at “peak rush” times, attention to detail, ability to delegate.
- Flexibility and ability todeal with last minute changesin daily operations and catering, roll with the changes – find solutions.
- Authentic Hawaiian Island cuisine, culture and work experienceis essential in order to be successful in this role!
For more information aboutUH at Manoa: Visithttps://manoa.hawaii.edu
For more information aboutSodexo Culinary opportunities: visitwww.sodexochefjobs.com
Great opportunity for a food focused Executive Chef to join the Sodexo Campus Team at University of Hawaii – Manoa! Do you have experienceAPPLY TODAYPosition Summary
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.