Sodexo currently has an opportunity for anExecutive Chef 1 to provide exceptional leadership to our culinary team at Marshall Medical Center, a 100-bed acute care hospital located in Boaz, Alabama. The Executive Chef will be responsible forplanning and executing Sodexo programs and systems in this growing account.
This is ahigh impact, high visibility positionthat is responsible for enhancing our patient satisfaction, and retail customer dining experience through culinary creativity, food presentation and overall leadership presence.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provides supervision and direction for 20-25 employees.
- Oversees food service production for inpatient services, a retail location and catering
- Oversees all aspects of the culinary function for the production environment including menu development, inventory, purchasing, waste control, and cost analysis.
- Manages the Sodexo Food Management System (FMS), and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Oversees food service operations including menu design, purchasing, labor control, waste control, and culinary training, safety and sanitation.
- Accountable for positively impacting patient satisfaction associated with food service.
- Provides ongoing training and coaching to the culinary team, including Sodexo required training.
- Actively becomes involved in the account through exhibition cooking, educational presentations, and cooking presentations.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as collaborating and with the client and Sodexo management team on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance.
- Assists with food cost management and overall cost controls for the unit.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality and ensures customer and client satisfaction.
Ideally, qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Energetic, polished culinary professional with a passion for the culinary arts.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, engaging and leading a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current wellness and culinary trends to include sustainability.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in the healthcare setting.
- Background in catering, including menu planning, food production, and food presentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers at all levels.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Excellent computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
- In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a small account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.