Responsible to the Director of Custodial Services/General Manager for performing the tasks of custodial skills training for both managers and frontline employees, safety training, quality control and quality improvement. Assists GM in organizing and conducting training and educational programs in connection with management and promotional development, on-the-job training, and employee orientation. Identifies training needs. Understands training resources in Division. Maintains records of training activities and employee progress. Monitors effectiveness of programs. Generally delivers training that is pre-prepared. Performs several daily inspections and audits to ensure APPA level 1 & 2 quality, contractual and regulatory compliance. Assists the managers in maintaining a viable customer service program.
- Oversees the training and development of all frontline custodial employees as well as management staff; ~ Facilitate training programs to support all policies, procedures and reinforce industry set safety standards for both institution and SODEXO. ~ Track and Communicate directly with client & Sodexo HR on the training of all new employees.
- Identifies additional training needs bases on periodic interaction w/employees focusing on process improvements and employee development.
- Tracks all client & Sodexo training documents including but not limited to: Method of the Month, Safety Tips, Safety Talks, Vehicle Inspections, and Building Inspections & Equipment inspections. ~ ensuring that all employees are receiving the required safety training needed to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Oversees the Custodial Overtime system; ~ Communicating w/ Special Events, Athletics and Customer Service to obtain detailed information that is requested for services that exceed the typical custodial duties. ~ Providing detailed Financial Quotes for OT events ~ canvasing custodial staff and tracking responses for OT assignments based on the current employee & manager rotation lists. ~ Create detailed outlines for all OT assignments based on the communications w/ the customers. ~ Document and report all OT Payroll information to the client Payroll dept.
- Oversees the client Laundry Process on North, South and Downtown Campuses; ~ Utilizing the Laundry policies and procedures to ensure the system flows smoothly and efficiently. Retraining employees and managers as needed for a safe work environment.
- Control and management of Breeze QA program, keeping components and updates of areas, training of staff and managers on processes, creating reports.
- Presentations to client Administration of QA results, benchmarking and action plans to reduce deficient items
- Work loading, job tasking
- Establishing and implementing custodial best practices
- Conducting quality cleanliness audits and implements corrective actions for cleanliness deficiency
- Provide training for custodial staff in janitorial techniques and equipment uses
- Conduct building assessment for employee’s PPE and safety training for all custodians
- Employee recruiting, conduct employee interviews, conduct new hire orientation and refresher training for cleaners and managers
Sodexo offers a competitive salary, paid training and a comprehensive benefits package. Sodexo will require a background check for this position.Candidate must be flexible with hours and shifts.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Supervises hourly staff providing custodial service to client. Responsible for work force planning, Quality Assurance training and administrative functions for designated area. Typically reports to General Manager or Operations Manager.