Director of Catering & Event Services, Hilton Columbus Downtown
Connected to the Greater Columbus Convention Center via skywalk, this contemporary hotel in the downtown Arena District is 1.4 miles from I-70 and I-71, and 2 miles from Ohio State University.
All rooms offer sophisticated decor, desks and custom-designed beds, plus 42-inch flat-screen TVs, WiFi, minifridges, and tea and coffeemaking facilities. Executive rooms provide access to the Executive Lounge's free breakfast and evening appetizers. Suites add separate living areas.
Amenities include an atrium bistro/bar, a fitness center, an indoor pool and a whirlpool tub. There's also a 24-hour business center and over 32,000 sq ft of meeting space.
What will I be doing?
As a Director of Catering and Events, you would be responsible for the strategic leadership of Group and Local Catering Sales and Event Management in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Direct Event Management team in the execution of negotiated group sales agreements and affiliate business solicitation
* Manage high profile and/or overflow group business, as appropriate
* Direct and administer all Group and Local Catering Sales and Event Management operations including, but not limited to, revenue maximization initiatives, market development, solicitation plans, meeting space and room block management, negotiation of supplier services, budgeting and forecasting, systems management, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
* Serve as primary liaison with Group Sales team and Events to ensure quality of booking criteria and contract integrity
* Foster relationships and communication between Event Managers and clients
* Direct daily department operations, guest conflict resolution, interaction with National Sales, Sales Technology Support and generation of corporate and hotel-level reports
* Lead, monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing professional development, providing supervision, conducting counseling and performance evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and reward
* Recruit, interview and train team members
* Perform duties of Event Manager, as needed
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!