Sodexo is seeking a Facilities - Engineering Operations Manager for an award winning Chicago Hospital. This is a 200+ bed, Acute care urban hospital that provides medical, surgical, behavioral health, therapeutic and diagnostic services to the greater Chicago area.
The Director of Facilities Operations has oversight of the Engineering, Plant Operations & Facilities Mgt department including construction/renovation operations, staffing, skilled trades’ contractors, maintenance and repair programs and energy management. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services and delivery of optimal customer service.
- Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for departments.
- Provides coordination and direction in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration. Monitors day to day activities and work on Engineering, Plant Operations, Aesthetics and Grounds. Provides oversight as needed for contractors and construction managers.
- Negotiates project contracts with the direction of Senior Leadership.
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Establishes and manages budgets and productivity targets. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
- Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all time.
- Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with Joint Commission EOC, Life Safety preparedness, OSHA, Air/ Water preparation compliance and document requirements.
- Ensures that the health system is in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
- Healthcare Facilities Experience Preferred
- CHFM & Bachelor's Degree Preferred
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.