Sodexo is seeking a Facilities Operations Manager for an exciting new piece of business in Houston, TX. It is a corporate facility with 800,000 square feet.
The Director of Facilities Operations has oversight of the Engineering, Plant Operations & Facilities Mgt department including construction/renovation operations, staffing, skilled trades’ contractors, maintenance and repair programs and energy management. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services and delivery of optimal customer service.
- Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for departments.
- Provides coordination and direction in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration. Monitors day to day activities and work on Engineering, Plant Operations, Aesthetics and Grounds. Provides oversight as needed for contractors and construction managers.
- Negotiates project contracts with the direction of Senior Leadership.
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Establishes and manages budgets and productivity targets. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
- Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all time.
Combine your proven leadership and Facilities Management technical expertise to enhance existing (or new) client programs including; preventative and corrective maintenance, construction, and landscaping/grounds and custodial.
Experience in managing the maintenance staff; electrical, plumbing and HVAC and this would require that you must have working knowledge in these areas. Responsible for the grounds care, maintenance and improvement - routine grounds maintenance of planting beds, shrubs, trees, roadways, parking lots, walkways, trash removal and organizing and performing sports field preparation.
Support and provide excellent service to our client. Analyze and Forecast financial results and make decisions based on data and needs. Build and maintain strong team through recruitment and retention. Build and maintain strong client relationships to promote the Clients for Life philosophy. Lead and inspire your team to continually improve Sodexo's performance for our clients and customers. Develop and innovate to promote improved performance within unit. Preferred candidate should have an Engineering/Skill Trade background.
- A proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments.
- Strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems, architectural, landscape and energy management.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding.
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building.
- Construction/ project management
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.