Sharp Coronado Hospital provides medical and surgical care, intensive care, sub-acute and long-term care, rehabilitation therapies and emergency services. As the first Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Care Hospital in the county, Sharp Coronado promotes patient empowerment, patient and family education, a healing environment, and complementary therapies, including Healing Touch, acupuncture, massage and aromatherapy. Sharp Healthcare would like to be the Best Place to Work, Receive Care and Practice Medicine.
The Director of Facilities Operations has oversight of the Engineering, Plant Operations & Facilities Mgt department including construction/renovation operations, staffing, skilled trades’ contractors, maintenance and repair programs and energy management. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services and delivery of optimal customer service.
- Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for departments.
- Provides coordination and direction in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration. Monitors day to day activities and work on Engineering, Plant Operations, Aesthetics and Grounds. Provides oversight as needed for contractors and construction managers.
- Negotiates project contracts with the direction of Senior Leadership.
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Establishes and manages budgets and productivity targets. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
- Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all time.
- Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with Joint Commission EOC, Life Safety preparedness, OSHA, Air/ Water preparation compliance and document requirements.
- Ensures that the health system is in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
- Healthcare Facilities Experience Preferred
- CHFM & Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.Position Summary
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.